- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Bachelor of Human Ecology (majoring in Nutrition)
- Certified Nutrition Coach (Precision Nutrition level 1)
I've been involved in coaching for the past 20 years working with many different sports and people.
I have spent time coaching mostly in Canada, but also in Europe for six years where I almost exclusively worked with professional basketball teams.
Below is a bit of my story so far ....
I grew up and spent most of my life in Winnipeg. I'm also a family man with a wife and two awesome boys!
I was always involved in sports as a child and spent most of my time in the pool as a competitive Swimmer and Water Polo player. I participated in both of these sports at a very high-level and have experienced firsthand the time and energy needed to excel at higher level sports.
As a Water Polo athlete, I was involved in the Youth National Team program and played many years in various Sr. Men National Leagues and competitions.
When I graduated from High School, I was always interested in how to reach my peak performance. This ultimately led me to my studies at the University of Manitoba where I graduated with a degree in Nutrition and minoring in various sport science courses.
Over the past 20 years, I have done several continuing education courses mostly in the field of strength and conditioning.
I have extensive experience working with amateur and professional athletes participating in a variety of sports such as Basketball, Volleyball, Water Polo, Golf and Hockey to name a few.
Over the years I have had the pleasure of working with many other health professionals (e.g. medical doctors) and gaining valuable experience working with people with metabolic disorders like diabetes, low back pain and other orthopaedic conditions in diverse populations.
I try to give back to the community, but I always feel like I can do more. For the past few years, I have been a volunteer sports coach for a couple of schools in Winnipeg (Kelvin High School and Ecole Charleswood School).
Outside coaching, my other interests include drumming and spending time with my family.
Summary of Educational Background
- B.HE - major: foods and nutrition; http://www.umanitoba.ca
- CSCS - Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist; http://www.nsca.com
- Nutrition Coach (Precision Nutrition)
- a whole bunch of other continuing education courses which are to numerous to list
- http://www.michaelreid.ca - my homepage.
- http://www.waterpolotraining.net - the science & practice of physical training for Water Polo.
- http://WinnipegKettlebells.ca - used to sell Kettlebells and offer classes, currently all of this is part of my homepage.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text: 204-298-2201
last updated: January 2017