I will be coaching a clinic next Sunday on "Body-Weight Training for Basketball".
How to use your own body to get stronger, more flexible, build resilience and ultimately become a better athlete.
It is being hosted by Hørsholm Basketball Club in Denmark.
Date: Oct 3, 2010 Time: 14-17 Location: Hørsholm Hallen
It could really also be called "body-weight vertical jump training" or "knee training for health & performance".
I am not 100% sure but it may also be open to individuals other then Hørsholm Basketball Club members. If you are not a club member and want to attend send me an email with your interest.
By the way, the information covered is very relevant to essentially every sport.
Below are some of the topics that will be covered for this clinic.
- Why use Body-weight Training?
- 4 Step Plan to Jumping Higher
- The Base Movements
- Barefoot Training
- Basketball Conditioning without Running!
- Girls and Knees
- Performing the Base Movements – coaching cues & special “corrective” drills
- Jump Training - Why do Strength Training?
- Slide Board Leg Curls without the Slide Board
- Just do This (exercise) .... find out the best exercise you need to be doing
- Programming – tips & ideas for the U12, 13-15 and 15+ age groups
Enjoy and Be Well,
Michael Reid, B.HE. CSCS, RKC