I made this for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago; it was awesome and really easy to make.
A mushroom sauce is very versatile and can be used on almost anything:
- All kinds of meat (beef, lamb, chicken)
- Eggs (I had it on top of a couple of fried eggs this morning)
- Pasta, rice, toast ...
- Mushrooms (any kind)
- Onions (1-3)
- Garlic (1-5 cloves)
- Coconut Milk - 1 can (this is your substitute for the heavy cream used in a traditionally made sauce)
- Rice Flour - used to thicken at end stage
- Salt & Pepper
- Oil (I used olive oil, but coconut oil would be my other choice)
Step I - chop up all your vegetables.
Step II - place onions, garlic, salt and pepper in pan with oil on medium heat.
Step III - after about 5-10 minutes add the mushrooms with a little bit of water (~1/4 cup). Put lid on and leave to cook for ~10 minutes.
Step IV - add coconut milk and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Step V - add Rice flour to thicken to your desired consistency.
Step VI - pour over your favorite food and enjoy.
Enjoy and Be Well,
Michael Reid, B.HE. CSCS, RKC